Everyone loves a classic crockpot green bean casserole, and it’s the perfect way to make it, keep it warm, and serve it!
Make and take it to a party or potluck and watch it disappear! Creamy and savory green bean casserole is a standard side dish for holiday feasts, but it can be enjoyed any time of year!
An Easy Holiday Side Dish
- This recipe needs just a few minutes of prep that’s made even easier with frozen green beans and two cans Campbell’s cream soups!
- This is the perfect side dish to serve along with your roast turkey for the perfect meal! Or serve it at Easter with ham or just alongside a hearty Sunday supper!
- Six ingredients and four steps from start to finish. Just prep, cook, season, and serve! It’s that easy!
Ingredients & Variations
GREEN BEANS: Use fresh, frozen, or canned green beans. Be sure to drain and rinse canned green beans. Fresh green beans should be simmered for about 8 minutes before using and frozen green beans can be used as is but will taste better if they are boiled for about 5 minutes first.
PRO TIP: Cook the green beans in chicken broth instead of water for extra savory flavor!
SAUCE: Cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup are cooked down into a creamy savory sauce and thinned with milk. Stir in some minced garlic or garlic powder, if desired.
CHEESE: A little bit of cheddar cheese adds flavor and makes the sauce extra creamy. Any other shredded cheese like mozzarella or even parmesan will work, too.
TOPPINGS: Green bean casserole always has French fried onions on top to add a savory, crispy crunch! We also like seasoned breadcrumbs, crushed Ritz crackers, or some crunchy bacon bits!
ADD-INS: Delicious add-ins are sliced water chestnuts, slivered almonds, or sliced mushrooms.
How to Make Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
Just a few steps are all it takes!
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker, reserving ½ cup of the French-fried onions (as per recipe below).
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Top with remaining French-fried onions and serve hot.
PRO TIP: If your crock pot is larger than 6 quarts, consider doubling the recipe and freezing some for later!
- Keep leftover crock pot green bean casserole covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat on the stove or in the microwave and top with fresh French-fried onions.
- Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to 4 weeks.
More Amazing Side Dishes
- Instant Pot Bread – Easy and comforting
- Maple Glazed Carrots – Healthy
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes – Sweet
- Stove Top Stuffing Recipe – A classic
- Corn Casserole – Only 5 ingredients
Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole
- 32 ounces frozen cut green beans thawed
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup french fried onions divided use
- Set aside ½ cup of the fried onions for topping.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a 6qt slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Top with remaining French-fried onions and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole