This quick recipe for maple glazed carrots is ready in minutes on the stovetop in a skillet.
It’s the perfect healthy veggie to serve alongside any main dish protein! This glazed carrot recipe only needs a little butter and maple syrup to make a delicious dish that everyone will love! Maple syrup gives a unique flavor that makes this side a standout!
Easy Glazed Carrot Recipe!
- This is an inexpensive dish with lots of flavor with ingredients that are likely already on hand. Add different seasonings to create a new flavor profile every time!
- Cooked in just one pot means fewer dishes to wash.
- This super easy dish will be a go-to because it’s quick and easy, delicious, and loved by kids and adults alike! Add them to soups, stews, or veggie stir-fries!
- This side dish complements any meat entrée! Try them with Instant Pot chicken, corned beef, or pulled pork.
Just 4 ingredients!
CARROTS: For best results, use carrots that are relatively uniform in diameter, so they cook at the same rate. Packaged baby carrots or frozen carrots can be used. Other root veggies to include can be parsnips, halved brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, or chunks of yellow onions.
MAPLE SYRUP: Maple syrup and butter make the perfect glaze for carrots. But brown sugar and butter or honey and butter will work, too.
BUTTER: Butter can be switched out for leftover bacon grease for a smoky flavor.
SEASONINGS: Aside from salt, a squeeze of fresh orange juice or a sprinkle of ginger or cinnamon will add a new flavor profile to maple-glazed carrots. A dash of spicy red pepper flakes complements the sweetness of the dish, too.
How to Make Maple Glazed Carrots
This is so easy to make on the stovetop!
- Boil carrots in water until they are tender-crisp and the water has mostly evaporated (as per recipe below).
- Add maple syrup and butter and saute until the carrots are glazed. Season with salt and serve.
Tips & Time Savers
- Peel and slice carrots ahead of time and then cook up to 4 days in advance! Simply reheat when ready to serve!
- Get a crispy, roasted finish on the finished carrots by placing them under the broiler for a few minutes.
PRO TIP: You can make maple-glazed carrots in the microwave. Cover and microwave them in a dish with about ½” of water for 6-7 minutes or until carrots are tender. Add butter and maple syrup and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Season with salt and serve.
- This maple glazed carrot recipe will last about 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Reheat leftover glazed carrots in a skillet, the oven, or a microwave.
- Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to 2 months.
More Side Dishes
- Instant Pot Stuffing -Delicious
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes – Sweet
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole– Flavorful
- Instant Pot Bread – Comforting
- Instant Pot Carrots – So easy to make
Maple Glazed Carrots
- large skillet
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt more to taste
- Peel carrots and slice diagonally ½-inch thick.
- Place the carrots in a large skillet with ¼ cup of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until carrots are tender crisp and water is nearly evaporated.
- Add the maple syrup and butter. Simmer uncovered 4-5 minutes or until carrots are tender and the syrup is thickened. Season generously with salt.
REPIN this Maple Glazed Carrots Recipe!