Make easy, homemade Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce in less than 20 minutes!
Lightly seasoned with orange and cinnamon, cranberry sauce goes with everything from turkey to chicken to pork! It’s an essential feature of every holiday table, and equally important to keep on hand as a spread for all those delicious leftover turkey sandwiches! Make it with fresh or frozen cranberries.
Simple Sauce Recipe!
- Making cranberry sauce in the Instant Pot is so easy, it will be your new favorite way to cook it!
- Sweet and tart with the perfect jelly consistency, make and freeze cranberry sauce to use all year long!
- This recipe is zero prep, simply toss in the ingredients and cook!
- Make it with fresh or frozen cranberries.
- Make it ahead up to two days in advance and freeze portions!
Ingredients and Variations
CRANBERRIES: Fresh is best, but frozen cranberries will work, and they don’t need to be thawed for this recipe.
SUGAR: White sugar balances out the tart cranberries, brown sugar will work, or even your favorite sugar-free sweetener (follow conversion ratios on the package). Maple syrup or honey works, too!
WATER: Orange juice, apple juice, or pineapple juice can be used instead. Add a tablespoon of Grand Marnier, rum, or brandy for a little extra flavor.
SEASONINGS: For the orange peel, strip away the rind only, not the white part. In addition to the cinnamon stick, a pinch of apple pie spice, or pumpkin pie spice makes cranberry sauce not only more fragrant but savory and spicy!
How to Make Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
This recipe only takes minutes. No prep, and simple steps!
- Place 2 cups of cranberries with ¼ cup of water, the cinnamon stick, and orange peel in the Instant Pot.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Manual release for 10 minutes.
- Turn the instant pot to saute and add the remaining cranberries, more water, and the sugar. Stir until the cranberries have burst (as per the recipe below).
- Remove the cinnamon stick and transfer to a bowl and cool completely before serving.
- Make sure to allow the natural release for a full 10 minutes before opening the lid.
- Be sure to remove the cinnamon stick or the sauce will become bitter.
How To Sweeten a Bitter Sauce?
Instead of adding more sugar, try adding a sweet liquid like maple syrup, apple juice, or even a fruity white wine.
How to Thicken Cranberry Sauce?
Even though the sauce will thicken as it cools, if your cranberry sauce is still too thin, place it in a saucepan on the stove with a slurry made with a 1:1 ratio of cold water and cornstarch. Gently whisk it in while the sauce is simmering.
How To Serve Cranberry Sauce
Homemade cranberry sauce is so good on a sandwich or wrap with turkey leftovers! This sauce is also delicious with:
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken – Juicy and Crispy
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs – Delicious
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches – Hearty
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes– Light and Crispy
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounces cranberries 3 cups
- ¼ cup water + 2 tablespoons, divided use
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 inch orange peel optional
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- If using orange peel, use a vegetable peeler to cut off just the orange part of an orange (not the white pith underneath).
- In a 6 quart Instant Pot, combine 2 cups of cranberries with ¼ cup water, cinnamon stick, and the orange peel.
- Lock the lid and ensure the valve is 'sealed'. Turn on to high pressure for 5 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Turn the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Once the pressure is released, remove the lid and turn the Instant Pot to saute.
- Stir in the remaining 1 cup of cranberries, an additional 2 tablespoons of water, and the sugar. Stir about for about 4-5 minutes or until the cranberries have burst.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool completely in the fridge.
Important: Do not open the lid until the slow cooker has naturally released for 10 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce Recipe