Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup tastes just like stuffed peppers that you spent hours baking but without the time and effort!
Chockful of seasoned ground beef, fresh bell peppers, and onions all cooked in a tangy tomato broth, stuffed pepper soup is a healthy, cold-weather fave that comes together in minutes in the Instant Pot!
Savory Stuffed Pepper Soup!
- Low in calories, but high in flavor, stuffed pepper soup is flavorful, filling, and affordable for bigger appetites!
- This super easy recipe is perfect for anyone following the 21-Day Fix, Weight Watchers, or even a Paleo way of eating.
- Switch out the white rice for cauliflower rice and it’s keto-friendly!
- Soup is such an easy meal. Cook up a batch or two and serve it all week for delicious dinners and energizing workday lunches!
Ingredients & Variations
BEEF: Ground beef is affordable and makes this dish extra hearty. But don’t stop there! Ground turkey, chicken, and even leftover meat will work in this recipe. Make a vegetarian version using tofu or seitan or cans of drained black beans, if you like.
BELL PEPPERS: Use a mix of green, red, yellow, or orange bell peppers in this dish for color and crunch. Other amazing vegetables to add are sliced mushrooms, zucchini, and broccoli or cauliflower florets.
RICE: White or brown rice can be used in stuffed bell pepper soup. Other starchy options are orzo, elbow macaroni, or small pasta shells.
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Instant Pot
- Saute ground beef in the Instant pot and drain, leaving the grease behind.
- Cook onion, then add peppers, garlic, and seasonings.
- Add remaining ingredients and ground beef into the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook for 4 minutes and allow a natural release (as per the recipe below).
- Remove the bay leaf, stir, season, and serve.
What to Serve with Stuffed Pepper Soup?
Stuffed pepper soup has everything in it, so a simple green salad and a slice of homemade bread are all it needs!
If you’re making a pot of this soup without rice for keto dieters at the table, why not make some perfectly cooked Instant Pot rice to serve on the side for anyone who wants to stir some into their bowl? This dish is also delish with a plate of warm soft flour tortillas.
Storing Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Keep leftover stuffed pepper soup in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The flavors develop and taste better!
- Freeze in zippered bags for up to 4 weeks. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Reheat portions on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (15 ounces each)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat the Instant Pot using the Saute function. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned and broken into small pieces, about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the ground beef and add to a bowl but leave the drippings in the Instant Pot.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is soft and just starting to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, garlic, paprika, and oregano and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken stock, rice, and bay leaf. Add the ground beef back to the pot as well. Stir to combine.
- Attach the lid and ensure the valve is in the “sealing position”. Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook – Manual for 4 minutes. Once the Instant Pot has finished, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir the soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaf.
- Serve the soup with desired toppings.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©I Don’t Have Time For That. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers Recipe