Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is the perfect addition to your game day table spread! With bacon, cheese, and meat, what more could you ask for?!
It’s almost football season and you know what that means for us non-football fans? We get to stuff our faces with all the good (but, not so good for us) snacks! If that doesn’t get you excited for endless hours of boring football, I don’t know what will.
All jokes aside, one of my favorite thing to make for a long day of football is Bacon Cheeseburger Dip. If you have never had this before, it’s like eating a bacon cheeseburger without the bun. It’s a rich meaty dip made with cream cheese, shredded cheese, tomatoes, bacon and hamburger. It’s so warm and filling! I can literally eat this stuff like a meal.
Actually, now that I am pregnant, I have not been able to stomach a cheeseburger for months and months, but I do still get a craving for the taste though (weirdly)! Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is the perfect solution. It breaks up the monotony of eating just a meat patty, which is something I just can’t handle now. I mean, I may or may not have even eaten this stuff for breakfast…
Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is something I have been making for years and years. I started out making it in the Crock Pot slow cooking it for hours. Then, I got lazy and tried just finishing it on the stove after browning the meat, but it just didn’t taste the same. Now that I rarely even pull out my dusty old Crock Pot (thanks to my Instant Pot), I knew I just had to covert this recipe!
I am addicted to my Instant Pot, and not just because it saves me time. Being able to brown the meat/bacon right in the same pot I am cooking in is the best thing since sliced bread. I am lazy and hate dishes. The Instant Pot understands me. It knows I need to be able to just toss things in and forget about them or it’s going to end up under the sink with the dusty old Crock Pot.
Converting this recipe was a simple thing to do. It just consisted of me dumping everything in the pot (after draining the ground beef) and hoping for the best. It turned out amazing and I know you are going to love this on your table next game day! Football fan or not, this Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is sure to please!
Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 4-5 slices of bacon cut into bite sized pieces
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 8 oz. cream cheese cut into cubes
- 8 oz. shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 tbsp. water
- Turn Instant Pot on Saute and wait until HOT. Add bacon pieces and cook until browned. Scoop out and place on plate lined with paper towel.
- Throw in ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Turn off pot and drain off excess grease. Add bacon, water, diced tomatoes, and cream cheese back into the pot. DO NOT STIR.
- Place lid on and turn vent into the sealing position.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When timer is up, preform a quick release.
- Open pot and immediately stir in cheese. Keep stirring until everything is well combined. (I know it looks weird with the cream cheese chunks on there, but trust me they stir in!)
- Place in bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
A Few Tips
- If you are trying to lighten up this heavy dip, serve with bell pepper strips, or bagel chips.
- You can freeze this dip if you make a ton! Just make sure you thaw it before you warm it up in a pot on the stove.
- If your household is not big bacon fans, don’t go out and buy a whole expensive pack of bacon! Just head to the salad isle, grab a bag of real bacon pieces (not bacon bits), and toss them in. It will taste exactly the same!
- You can kick up the spice factor in this by using 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper and tossing in a small can of jalapenos.